The Project Management Bookstore Privacy Notice/Policy—Last Update: February 27th, 2012.
What Personal Information About Customers Does The Project Management Bookstore Gather?
The information we gather from customers allows us to process product orders online through a secure environment, as well as learn from customers to help personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at The Project Management Bookstore. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Provide When Confirming an Order: We receive and store any information you enter through our Web site, customer email or phone requests, or customer information given to us in any other form. You may choose not to provide certain information; however this choice may limit the features and functionality you are able to utilize through our site. We use the information you provide only as it applies to your request, in response to your requests, and to communicate effectively with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our store. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses The Project Management Bookstore or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of The Project Management Bookstore on other Web sites. Examples are your unique Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform; purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Featured Titles and Top Sellers lists.
- E-mail Communications: PMB customers and followers receive weekly email updates regarding our store and offerings. Only those who have opted into receiving email communications are contacted. If anyone would like to opt out of email communications from the PMB, they may do so by unsubscribing through the links provided at the bottom of each communication or may contact us and request removal at using the contact information below.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Examples of other sources would be when the Project Management Bookstore attends local events and you placed an onsite order, if you have entered a drawing hosted by the PMB, or when you attend a webinar hosted by the PMB.
What are Cookies and How Are They Used?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits (hosted through ProStores) or tracking for our Affiliate Advertising program (hosted through iDev).
Does The Project Management Bookstore Share the Information It Receives?
Customer information is an important part of our business, and we are NOT in the business of selling it to others for any reason. Your privacy is important to us. We share customer information only as described below and only with subsidiaries The Project Management Bookstore, LLC controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses and individuals for various reasons. In some cases we provide services, or sell product jointly with these organizations. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions as it would be specifically noted prior to check out, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party only. An example of this would be eBooks, Audio books, and/or other product downloads purchased through Amazon.com, or publisher site as a referred sale from the Project Management Bookstore. In those instances you would be notified prior to being redirected to these affiliated businesses to finalize your transaction.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ and/or collaborate with other companies and individuals to perform various functions on our behalf or in coordination with the PMB. Examples include licensing webinar software applications, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail, and processing credit card payments. They have access to only the personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for any other purpose.
- Protection of The Project Management Bookstore and Others: We release account and other personal information only when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; or protect the rights, property, or safety of The Project Management Bookstore, our users, or others. An example of this would include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Note this does NOT include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice and the Federal CAN-SPAM Act.
- Only With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive a notification if/when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Is the Information Customers Provide Secure?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit The Project Management Bookstore, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice; including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Minnesota.
Who May I Contact With Additional Questions or Concerns?
The Project Management Bookstore
10955 Bren Rd East
Minnetonka MN 55343