The extensive topics in this book deal with how to handle characters ranging from Bunglers to Backstabbers to Bullies. Few books on difficult employees, if any, offer such an extensive assortment of the characters you're likely to encounter at work and how best to deal with them.
When faced with difficult employees, too often managers and coworkers lack the skills for handling the stressful encounters, so they throw up their hands in complete exasperation. Well, all that ends with this book. You'll learn how to:
- Keep problem employees from setting the tone in the office.
- Take steps to turn troublemakers into team players.
- Keep them from demoralizing or scaring away other employees.
- Know when to cut your losses.
- Avoid hiring troublemakers in the first place.
- Confront bullies, harassers, and ageists.
- Keep a backstabber from sabotaging your career.
- Keep an aggressive colleague from commandeering your meeting.
- Deal with colleagues who infringe on your time
- Additional Information
ISBN 978-1564149381 Publication Date 30-Apr-07 Author Mason-Draffen Format Paper Back Page Count 151 Manufacturer Career Press