Never time enough to do it right, but always time enough to do it over. In today's "faster-better-cheaper-at-any-cost" world, this is not just a joke, but an all-too-frequent reality. Most often, a poor understanding of the requirements for a product is the reason it must be done over.
Customer Centered Products is a highly practical book that helps readers gain a clear understanding of how to elicit the right requirements early on in a project--and make the right product the first time. Packed with useful information, enlightening real-life examples, and money-saving solutions, this book shows readers how to:
- Identify where their current requirements process is weak
- Bridge communication breakdowns that lead to muddy requirements
- Eliminate costly mistakes and rework
- Improve product quality without increasing cost
- Use operational concepts to improve requirements quality
- Improve the fit between the product and the customers' needs
- Prove that faster, better, cheaper is possible, and more.
This book shows managers how to prevent product failure by guiding and empowering employees and understanding the correct requirements early in the development cycle. Provides tested methods for defining products, filling the educational gap in formal training in requirements and definition management.
- Additional Information
ISBN 978-0814405680 Publication Date 11-Sep-00 Author Ivy F. Hooks and Kristin A. Farry Format Hardcover Page Count 271 Manufacturer AMACOM/American Management Association