DetailsUnlock your potential and achieve breakthrough performance in project management.
If you're looking for a more robust approach to project management--one that recognizes the project environment and adapts accordingly--then this is the perfect resource. It not only guides you through the traditional methods, but also covers the adaptive and extreme approaches as well. You'll gain an in-depth understanding of each one and know exactly when and how to use them.
You'll also be introduced to the Adaptive Project Framework, which arms you with a new project management methodology. And with the help of two new case studies, you'll be able to put these ideas into practice and experience some of the contemporary nuances of projects.
This definitive guide to project management shows you how to:
- Take advantage of new variations on traditional project management methods, including risk assessment and control
- Decide the best method for managing specific types of projects by analyzing all of the pros and cons
- Apply the Adaptive Project Framework to the world of fast-paced, high-change, and complex projects
- Create a war room to successfully manage multiple team projects
- Determine how project portfolio management approaches can help companies achieve a greater return on investment
- Utilize all nine Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) standards advocated by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
Synopsis: As with previous editions of this book, the author provides readers---both professionals and students--with a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to effective project management techniques. In addition to covering traditional linear and iterative approaches to project management, he also covers new adaptive and extreme methodologies. The author takes readers through each of these development approaches, step-by-step, and also covers the best-of-breed project management tools, templates, and processes that support them. He presents the pros and cons of these methods so readers can decide the best method for managing specific types of projects.
CLEARANCE NOTICE: The remaining Effective Project Management books in stock will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Additional Information
ISBN 978-0470042618 Publication Date 18-Dec-06 Author Robert K. Wysocki Format Paperback Page Count 615 Manufacturer Wiley