We have all experienced breakdowns in our business processes. Deadlines and expectations aren't met, projects are late and over budget, but it doesn't have to be this way. Improving business processes can be as simple as learning to leverage the right tools and models to analyze, validate and capture the work being done today, in order to plan for and execute tomorrow.
How Work Gets Done will provide the business and/or IT professional with a practical, working knowledge of Business Process Management (BPM). Written in an easy-to-follow conversational style, it will quickly show you how to:
- Identify Important Organizational Goals and Align to Key Performance Measures
- Connection Strategies, Policies, and Procedures to Business Process Architecture
- Understand the Process Basics (Inputs, Outputs, Guides, and Enablers)
- Establish Enterprise, Process and Implementation Level BPM Priorities
- Build a Process Competency Framework Encompassing All Stakeholders
- Utilize Simple Techniques and Templates to Document Improvement Steps
- Create a BPM Center of Excellence in Your Organization
If you have ever wished you had a practical voice to walk you through business process improvements, this book is your guide.
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Enterprise Business Model Chapter 2: Business Process Hierarchy Chapter 3: Business Process Blueprint Chapter 4: Anatomy of a Process Chapter 5: Process Knowledge Chapter 6: Business Models Chapter 7: Process Configuration Chapter 8: BPM Methodology Chapter 9: BPM Competencies Chapter 10: BPM Services Chapter 11: Software Tools Chapter 12: Business Process Case Study
- Additional Information
ISBN 978-1935504078 Publication Date October 2010 Author Artie Mahal Format Paperback Page Count 222 Manufacturer Technics Publications, LLC