Why is it that some people have all the elements of successeducation, skills, integrity, motivationbut can't seem to move from effectiveness to excellence in their careers? Behavior expert Joe Navarro reveals the long-sought answer. Louder Than Words teaches how to master nonverbal intelligence, the ability to interpret and use nonverbal signalsin poker terms, "tells"in business to assess and influence others.
Drawing on his decades in the behavioral sciences, Navarro shows how to use his simple yet powerful "comfort/discomfort" model to decode what's really being said at meetings, interviews, negotiations, presentations, business meals, and more, including the casual exchanges that often impact decisions and reputations.
Jump-start your career as you discover how to:
- Read body language to understand what clients, coworkers, interviewers, or interviewees are thinking, feeling, or intending, and discern nonverbal cues of concern, disagreement, or doubteven over the phone
- Master the all-important first impression and use settings, seating, and gestures to inspire and captivate
- Recognize habits that send the wrong message, from nail biting to wearing inappropriate attireand see what posture, work practices, workspaces, and even electronic habits say about people
- Become culturally aware and gender-sensitive, from best handshake practices to personal space preferences
- Learn what the "comfort dividend" can do for you and your business
- Explore how the concept of "curbside appeal" applies to you and your business, and can mean the difference between average and exceptional
Use Louder Than Words to close the deal, keep your customers, secure new ones, and lead your company with confidence. For job seekers looking to stand out from the pack, this book is your get-back-to-work bible.
CLEARANCE NOTICE: The remaining Louder Than Words books in stock will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Additional Information
ISBN 978-0061771392 Publication Date Feb-10 Author Joe Navarro & Toni Sciarra Poynter Format Paperback Page Count 256 Manufacturer HarperCollins Publishers