A cutting-edge guide to quality meetings inspired by a corporate survey in which executives cried out for help to improve meeting quality, Novartis Pharmaceuticals commissioned Glenn M. Parker and Robert Hoffman to create the tools for structuring effective meetings.
Meeting Excellence details the game plan that Palmer and Hoffman designed and that Novartis implemented globally. Their procedures and templates from how to create meeting invitations and evaluations to taking notes, facilitating meetings, and making presentations have been tested across a diverse range of countries and meeting formats, from video conferences to multicultural gatherings.
Specifically, Meeting Excellence includes practical tools, advice and templates that show you how to:
- Create an action agenda
- Ensure everyone participates in discussions
- Deal with disruptive meeting participants
- Create and deliver effective meeting presentations
- Stay on track to achieve your meeting goals
- Achieve clear communication in a multicultural meeting
- Liven up a dreary meeting with some cool fun stuff
- Evaluate your meeting quickly and effectively
- Choose among various web-based meeting tools
- Close your meeting on an upbeat and positive note
A Resources section includes a summary of web-based tools, a self-test for meeting participants, 10 problem situations, a 25 question test on meeting excellence and an annotated bibliography of books, articles, videos and web sites.
OUT OF PRINT BY PUBLISHER NOTICE: The remaining elevenMeeting Excellence books in stock will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. This title will not be reprinted by the publisher.
- Additional Information
ISBN 978-0787982812 Publication Date 3-Feb-06 Author Glenn Parker and Robert Hoffman Format Hardcover Page Count 240 Manufacturer Jossey-Bass