DetailsPM Crash Course for IT Professionals is full of project management tools that you can apply immediately to your IT projectsto deliver them on time, on budget, and with fewer headaches. Authored by world-renowned project management trainer Rita Mulcahy and technology business expert Martha Young, this book will help you get your IT projects back on track using proven, real-world project management tools and techniques.
This book will cover dozens of real-world IT project management issues, including the following:
- Understanding why IT projects failand preventing failure.
- Defining effective IT project charters and requirements.
- Organizing IT roadmaps into manageable projects.
- Capturing, creating, and using historical data.
- Establishing "soft" and "hard" project metrics and milestones.
- Defining project scope, and avoiding scope creep.
- Identifying and managing stakeholders and expectations.
- Choosing the right PM tools for your needsincluding in-house, hosted, and cloud-based solutions.
CLEARANCE NOTICE: Special discounted pricing on this title will be available for a limited time only and stock will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Additional Information
ISBN 978-1587202599 Publication Date Oct-09 Author Rita Mulcahy & Martha L. Young Format Paperback Page Count 253 Manufacturer RMC Publications & Cisco Press