Traditional project management doesn't work any more: it's inward-looking, static, and just can't respond to rapid, constant change. Radical Project Management looks outward to stakeholders, management, and clientsand thoroughly involves them from start to finish. Moreover, it assumes that everything will changeand defines a flexible, ongoing project management process that encompasses both project development and support.
In this book, Rob Thomsett, one of the world's leading project management consultants, presents XPM from start to finishand introduces every tool and technique you need to make it work in your organization.
- Refocusing project management on what matters most: people, relationships, and adding value
- 11 radically new rules for project managers to live by
- Innovative new XPM tools, and how to use them
- "Open Planning" and stakeholder ownership: the heart of successful project management
- New XPM metrics and project-tracking techniques
- Why project managers don't need to know the gory technical details
- Detailed case studies: how XPM is enabling creative people to do truly great work
If you've always suspected there's a more agile, flexible, intelligent way to manage projects, you're rightand XPM is it. Discover for yourself, with the most authoritative, complete, useful XPM guide ever written: Radical Project Management by Rob Thomsett.
- Additional Information
ISBN 978-0130094865 Publication Date April 2002 Author Rob Thomsett Format Paperback Page Count 384 Manufacturer Prentice Hall