Enhance Fundamental Value and Establish Competitive Advantage with Leadership Agility
Whether youre leading an organization, a team, or a project, Stand Back and Deliver gives you the agile leadership tools youll need to achieve breakthrough levels of performance. This book immediately brings together usable frameworks and step-by-step processes that help you focus all efforts where they matter most: delivering business value and building competitive advantage.
Initially you will discover how to use the authors Purpose Alignment Model to make better up-front decisions about where to invest limited resources as well as how to filter out activities that dont drive market leadership. Next, youll learn to collaborate in new ways that unleash your organizations full talents for innovation. The authors offer the Context Leadership Model for understanding the unique challenges of any project, and they help you tailor your leadership approach to address them. Youll find a full chapter on organizing information to promote more effective, value-driven decision-making. Finally, drawing on decades of experience working with great leaders, the authors focus on a critical issue youll face over and over again: knowing when to step up and lead, and when to stand back and let your team produce results.
Stand Back and Deliver provides detailed coverage of:
- Effectively evaluating, planning, and implementing large system projects
- Reducing resistance to process improvements
- Bringing greater agility to the way you manage products, portfolios, and projects
- Identifying the tasks that dont create enough value to be worth your time
- Developing the forms of collaboration that are crucial to sustaining innovation
- Mitigating project risks more effectivelyespecially those associated with complexity and uncertainty
- Refocusing all decision-making on delivering value to the organization and the marketplace
- Making decisions at the right time to leverage the best information without stifling progress
- Additional Information
ISBN 978-0321572882 Publication Date July 2009 Author Kent McDonald, Pollyanna Pixton, Niel Nickolaisen, Todd Little Format Paperback Page Count 192 Manufacturer Addison-Wesley Professional