CLOSEOUT NOTICE: The remaining copies of The Change Management Pocket Guide, First Edition books in stock will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you miss the opportunity to get your hands on the remaining First Editions at closeout pricing, don't worry, the Project Management Bookstore will make the Second Edition of this book available in the future. Watch your email for the announcement.
Whether you are launching new information technology, applying an innovative work process or completing a merger transaction, effective change management is essential to your success. Leaders and project teams must understand the human dynamics of change and prepare for the emotional response it can generate. As leaders, you must manage the complex technical aspects of business changes while considering:
- The impact of change on individuals, teams, leaders and organizations,
- New roles, behaviors, capabilities and skills required,
- Potential sources of resistance, and
- Strategies to facilitate individual and organizational transition.
To achieve strong business results, you ultimately need people who are committed to success, motivated to get results, and who possess the knowledge and tools to get the job done. People naturally and strongly resist changes to their comfortable routine. New ideas and mindsets about how to work and an individuals role within the organization can create uncertainty and stress.
Your challenge is to apply effective change management principles to anticipate and manage resistance. By doing so, you can achieve the organizations ultimate goals to:
- Accelerate the pace of change to achieve timely business outcomes and financial returns,
- Address and mitigate risk,
- Improve decision making,
- Enhance coordination and support long-term business benefits,
- Minimize the short-term dip in employee productivity and increase long-term productivity, and
- Strengthen the dynamic and adaptive responses of the organization and build the organizations ability to handle change in the future.
The Change Management Pocket Guide provides an excellent toolkit for getting the work of change management done. With practical tips and straightforward tools, there is no longer an excuse for NOT taking action to manage change.
*Now you can get the The Change Management Pocket Guide Bundle with CD containing the 27 change management tool templates! In the Pocket Guide and CD template bundle, you'll find detailed, flexible, and scalable, change management tools and customizable templates on the accompanying CD. Check out the related product below.
- Additional Information
ISBN 978-0976735908 Publication Date 1-May-05 Author Stacy Aaron & Kate Nelson Format Spiral-Bound Page Count 152 Manufacturer Change Guides, LLC