DetailsThe work world is full of toxic peoplewhine and cheesers, backstabbers, steamrollers, zipper lips, needy weenies, and know-it-alls. Life is just too short to let difficult people drive you nuts in the office. If you want to decontaminate the toxic people in your workplace, this practical guide to office survival will show you how to do it before they suck the life out of you.
This enlightening guide gives you the skills you need to deal with toxic people. Stop doubting your own capabilities and sanity. Don't let them win! Instead, use the survival tactics you'll find here to turn ugly situations with toxic people into a tolerable day at the officewithout resorting to hostile or aggressive tactics.
In Toxic People, Marsha Petrie Sue offers unique and practical solutions for dealing with difficult people and the conflict and miscommunication they often aggravate. Using real-life case studies and real-world strategies, Sue shows managers and employees alike how to take personal responsibility for their work environment and take the lead in fostering teamwork, morale, and success. Take charge and decontaminate your office with:
- Six major types of toxic people and how to recognize them
- Seven simple lessons for office survival
- Keys to identify the behaviors that drive you crazy and what to do
- The right words to defuse situations and defang toxic types
- Tips on recognizing lies and insincere behavior
- Case studies and true stories on dealing with almost any toxic situation
- Guidance on developing a positive attitude that rubs off on others
- Tools to develop a dynamic, productive environment
- And other skills and tips to keep you and your office conflict-free
Dealing with toxic people is a part of life, at work and everywhere else. Using the strategies, tactics, and real-world advice you'll find here, you'll learn to change the way you respond to their toxic waste and stop them from affecting your mood or your work. For happier teams, a happier workplace, and a happier you, put down the duct tape and the stapler, take a deep breath, and read Toxic People.
- Additional Information
ISBN 978-0470147689 Publication Date 21-Sep-07 Author Marsha Petrie Sue Format Hardcover Page Count 240 Manufacturer Wiley