If you manage projects, meet your coach!
Many projects fail to deliver on time and within budget.These failures are often the result of poor project management skills. Your Project Management Coach provides a hands-on, pragmatic approach to solving real-world project management problems. Using richly illustrated case examples, the authors show how to apply proven project management techniques to achieve optimum results. The companion website provides forms and templates you can use to put the ideas in the book into action immediately!
Whether you're an experienced project manager looking for specific solutions or are new to project management, you'll find a gold mine of practical, field-tested advice. You will learn:
- Elements that define a project, including the problem, goal, objectives, and success criteria
- How to plan a project, including how to identify and estimate the work and cost
- Best practices for building a realistic schedule, using work estimates, and resource availability
- How to manage quality, risk, and change
- Techniques for evaluating progress and performance
- Methods for balancing scope, time, and cost, as well as resources, quality, and risk
- Why you want to document lessons learned and archive project information
- When your organization needs a project management office or project portfolio management
Visit www.wiley.com/go/ProjMgmtCoach to find sample project management documents, a link to the authors' blog, and more!
- Additional Information
ISBN 978-1118144244 Publication Date February 2012 Author Bonnie Biafore, Teresa Stover Format Paperback Page Count 504 Manufacturer Wiley